Bible Studies for the Family
Heritage Christian Fellowship’s Home Fellowship Ministry exists to glorify God, exalting Him through the teaching of His Word, so that everyone may know Christ and be conformed to His image by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Our Home Fellowships provide an opportunity to grow spiritually through Bible study, worship, fellowship, encouragement, and accountability; to develop Christian friendships through interaction, prayer and activities; and to demonstrate Christian love through instructing, admonishing, and serving one another in the group, and as opportunity arises, those in our church and our communities.
“Day by day continuing with one mind in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they were taking their meals together with gladness and sincerity of heart.” Acts 2:46
“And every day, in the temple and from house to house, they kept right on teaching and preaching Jesus as the Christ.” Acts 5:42
“How I did not shrink from declaring to you anything that was profitable, and teaching you publicly and from house to house.” Acts 20:20
WHAT IS A HOME FELLOWSHIP?
A Home Fellowship is a group of adults (and children) who commit to regularly meeting together for worship, Bible study, prayer, and service in a home and, as needs arise, meeting and serving together throughout the week in order to equip and disciple members and train new leaders.
HOME FELLOWSHIP DETAILS
Home Fellowships are committed together to:
• Praise: In spirit and truth, singing praises to God
• Nurture: Bible study, prayer, Scripture memorization
• Community: Fellowship spiritually and materially, affirm and encourage, exhort and admonish, testify and share, fellowship with other Home Fellowships, meet individually and as a group outside regular meeting times
• Missions: Service projects for the believers and unbelievers, serving with other Home Fellowships
Home Fellowship Format:
• Bible Study
• Snacks/Informal Sharing
Home Fellowship Meetings:
• Two to three times a month
• One and a half to three hours for each meeting
• Service project twice a year
• Fellowship with another group twice a year
Home Fellowship Locations:
JOINING A HOME FELLOWSHIP
Home Fellowships begin in the fall and end in the spring. Each year, Heritage offers approximately five different Home Fellowships. Look for details late summer on who will be leading Home Fellowships, where they will be held, what they will be studying, etc. After the Fellowships are announced, everyone is welcome to sign up to join the group of their choice.
• To provide Home Fellowship(s) for each area of Albuquerque, Rio Rancho, and the East Mountains, as represented in the membership of HCF.
• To train Home Fellowship leaders through training seminars/classes, mentorship with a Home Fellowship leader, and a reading program so that each will effectively lead a Fellowship Group.
• To develop maturing disciples through the Home Fellowship meetings, fellowships, and service opportunities, so that each one is glorifying God, knowing Christ and being conformed to His image by the power of the Holy Spirit, growing spiritually, developing Christian friendships, and demonstrating Christian love from a pure heart, good conscience, and sincere faith.
• To provide opportunities for service for each Home Fellowship yearly, by each group determining and carrying out service opportunities for every member to participate in.
• To provide opportunities for fellowship among Home Fellowships each year.
• To encourage Scripture memorization by all participants of Home Fellowships so that each one will memorize several verses a year.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information contact Pastor-Elder Terry Thomas.