About Adventurers at Heritage
Adventurers is a ministry designed to train up our children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. We strive to accomplish this by systematically teaching the children through God’s Word and by discipling the youth. We continue with discipleship outside of class through Life-Skill events, Summer Adventure, and other various activities. Adventurers offers classes for ages 3-18 and meets every Wednesday evening during the school year.
Adventurers is an exciting Christ-centered discipleship ministry for boys and girls and prayerfully works to attain the following:
• Instruction – We commit to instruct the boys and girls by living an example of godliness before them as we teach God’s Word.
• Love – We commit to love the boys and girls as Christ exemplified His love to us through His life and death on the cross.
• Exhortation – We commit to exhort the boys and girls by encouraging, inspiring, and uplifting them, always reminding and reassuring them of the splendor and joy that awaits us in Christ.
Generations of Grace
Early Childhood – Ages 3-5
Early Elementary – Grades 1-3
Juniors – Grades 4-6
Generations of Grace is a biblically-based and God-centered curriculum designed for children from three years of age through the sixth grade. Every Wednesday, the children in this age range will be taught from the same passage of Scripture in a way that is appropriate for their respective age level. The purpose of Generations of Grace is to teach the whole counsel of God. Over a three year period, the curriculum will cover the historical books of the Old Testament, the life of Christ, and lessons from Acts and Revelation. Generations of Grace makes God the focus of our lessons from beginning to end. Throughout the curriculum, the students learn about God's character and see His work in the lives of men and women of Scripture. We then take the principles learned and help the children apply them to their lives.
Growing in God
Level One – Walking by the Spirit
Level Two – Relationships
Level Three – Godliness
Level Four – The Faith
Level Five – Biblical Manhood/Womanhood
Level Six – Leadership
Guys and Gals meet in separate classes. Class sizes are kept small to encourage discipleship.
Growing in God is a scriptural Christian-living discipleship curriculum designed for youth in the seventh through twelfth grades and is used by Adventurers on Wednesday nights. Lessons focus on a truth and principle of God’s Word, define it according to the Word, study how God’s Word exemplifies it, and focus on biblical and practical life application. The Growing in God curriculum is discipleship-based. The Wednesday evening Adventurers ministry provides for a small-group learning environment so the leaders can teach the students on a personal and practical level.
It is our prayer that when a child at Heritage Christian Fellowship completes all their studies, they will know and delight in God and, having come under the Lordship of Jesus Christ, all they do will be to His glory.
• Life Skills: To encourage godly character and growth, life-skills trainings are offered for students so they can learn basic, essential skills for life. Trainings have included cooking, first aid, computers, etc.
• Fellowships: To encourage fellowship and continue in discipleship, we have times of fellowship. Activities have included mountain biking, fishing, hiking, pinewood derby, etc.
• Backpacking Trip: Once a year, we have a four-day backpacking trip in the mountains. As students learn basic camping and survival skills, the leaders also teach them to do all for God’s glory.
• Summer Adventure/Family Camp: Summer Adventure is a family-oriented camping adventure for the children and youth of Heritage. The purpose of Summer Adventure is to enjoy God's wonderful creation in a group setting and to share the love of our Savior Jesus Christ through fellowship together. Summer Adventure allows campers to participate in various activities including 3-D archery, rappelling, a ropes course with a rock wall, zip-lining, and hiking.
For more information about the Adventurers Ministry, please contact the Heritage Adventurer Council.